Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Invitations

INVITATIONS, INVITATIONS yes, I'm screaming! Invitation can be a huge expense. If you go with traditional invitations you've got the actual invitation, vellum, two or three different envelopes, embellishments, RSVP cards, save the date cards, stamps, calligraphy, and information cards. If you've got my taste you could easily spend $1000.00 on invitations. To the right is an example of my dream invitations (different colors of course). I can't afford these on my budget. So, I've decided to make them. I've found a site online that sells the entire invitation set, including the embellishments for around $60.00. All you have to do is print and assemble.

For $59.95 the set includes:
50 count pack includes
50 creased covers shown in
chocolate, 50 overlay cards
shown in aqua , 50 clear white
sheers, 50 card sashes shown
in aqua , 7/8" satin ribbon
shown in chocolate,
glue dots for assembly, set of
50 social inner and outer
envelopes in white or cream not shown in photo

1 comment:

M said...

Hi, Gabby - thanks for posting on my blog. I thought i would go through some of your posts and let you know what we are doing on our $5000 budget.

We made our own invites for a total cost of less than $100. We sent out a total of 140 invitations. I bought 100% recycled paper online at Paperandmore.com, with matching envelopes in the half page size. As we are also doing a green wedding, I did not order double envelopes. Waste of paper! We made up the invite on word by getting a cool free font online then took the pdf to the local print shop and had them print and cut the invites, reception cards and RSVP postcards. We stamped each invite with a favorite stamp of ours in our wedding color, tied all the cards together with a ribbon and mailed them off. Got all the bridesmaids together and we put them together in a couple hours. Very easy to do - we have received a lot of compliments on them!!!