Thursday, May 22, 2008

Alisa's Budget: Thanks For The Tip

Hello! I have actually had a tight budget myself. This wedding, scheduled for May 31st, 2008, has been 4 years in the making (not completely by my own choice). That made the total cost feel a little less painful than trying to buy everything at one time. I'm sure I will have some cost saving tips for you after next week. One is to use flowers that are already in season. If you find someone who can create nice floral arrangements, they can use flowers from a local supermarket. We ordered a few trays/crates of flowers from a local store at least one month ahead of time. We will pick up the flowers the day before the wedding, cut the stems and create the table arrangements ourselves. For very special arrangements, like the bride's bouquet, we did decide to have a professional florist create them.


Also, Erica got a real deal on the bridal shower (at Grandover). It ended up being less than $20 per person for everything. I only invited a total of 20 people (this also kept the cost down). My other friend, Erin, who is scheduled to be married two weeks after me, had hers at a friend's house. They had a few people provide food (heavy hors d'oeuvre?), a cake and drinks (mimosas & punch). There was no music or entertainment or games...just eating, socializing and opening gifts. Short, sweet & much cheaper (but still very nice) :) She had a group of about 30 people or so.

Posted By: Alisa

No comments: