Friday, May 23, 2008

Gas Prices:The effect on a Wedding Budget!


With the prices of crude oil toping $135.00, and gas soaring above $4.00, you have to wonder what will be the effects will be on your wedding budget. I heard on the news today that a Memorial day cookout this year will cost 6% more than last year. Higher gas prices will soon effect all aspects of our spending. This means higher food expenditures (catering), gifts, limos, alcohol, etc...Prices for these services are not cheap now, but if they go up further I will be SOL. Should I book my caterer now? Should I reserve my limo now? I'm not getting married until next year, will my $5000.00 now buy me the same wedding 6 to 8 months from now! You have to think about these things.

1 comment:

M said...

For us, the effect of gas prices has more to do with guests. All of our venues are within walking distance of each other to promote walking, but many of our out of town invitees just can't afford to drive or fly to the wedding.