Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cakes..Ummmm... Cakes!




Cake cost in this area around $2.00 to $10.00 a slice (CRAZY, BUT TRUE). So, for 100 guest that is about 200 dollars. That would represent 4% of the budget. That usually takes into account the bride and groom saving the top portion until their first anniversary. We will not be participating in this tradition. For a bunch of reasons that I'll list...
  • I do not eat leftovers
  • Our freezer is too full
  • I'm not very familiar with the freezing process
  • Year old frozen cake...YUK!
Now, I'm sure some family busybody would disagree, but it ain't gonna to happen. So what style cake do I like. I really don't have a preference. Wal-mart has a really nice 3 tier cake for $139 that will feed 119. You can have them decorate it to your taste.

My next idea is cupcakes the are simple and elegant and cheap. And no frozen top...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yugs, daw nabasahan ko naman ni sa iban nga blog?

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I commented your blog, but you have a nice idea.

M said...

As for cake - no freezing for us either, but our baker actually recreates our top layer for our one year anniversary! For me, having great cake was a big thing for me, so we did splurge a bit on this one. We are paying about $3 per slice, but the cake is amazing. Look for folks who do cakes out of their home (lower overhead costs, so lower cake cost), and they often have less going out the door - so you have guaranteed freshness. Grocery stores and discount stores also have great prices!

Elyse said...

I think the cupcakes are cute! (And by the way, our cake was delicious on our 1 year anniversary. Seriously! As good as new :)